Simply Red






    Dree Hemingway
    Photographed by Alexi Lubomirski
    Harper's Bazaar US September 2010

    I'm one of those people who is hardly seen out of a black outfit. Firstly, because I find black clothes are perfect for easily creating a sophisticated look . And secondly, because I find they are easier to look after and wash. I like mixing different textures of black or combining a black outfit with a cream bag and/or scarf, gold or silver jewellery and occasionally a brightly coloured pair of shoes - usually hot pink. Although, I'm not incredibly keen on red in a big way for outfits, I do love red lips, nails, silk scarfs etc. Like black, red can be a very sophisticated colour. Red lips are particularly feminine and classic. I do have a bit of an obsession with the colour when it comes to buying non-clothing items. I love my red VW Golf (aka the little red rocket), coffee mugs, laptop case and I even find myself buying food that is packaged in red. It's such a passionate and dramatic colour, that can't go unnoticed. Hmmm, I wonder what that says about me? A slight attention seeker perhaps....  As for the shoot, Dree Hemingway is quickly becoming a favourite model of mine. Although, she first caught my attention because she is the great-grandaughter of Ernest Hemingway (who I greatly admire for his work), there is definitely something very interesting about her as an individual. Expect a post on her later on in the month.
    Source URL: http://5150nlove.blogspot.com/2010/08/simply-red.html
    Visit Passion for Fashion for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection